Wednesday, March 5, 2014

LESSONS:
I'm trying to come to the end of my experimentation with the rings, probably only a week or so left in me. Currently using them to explore papers and media. These three are collage. More "finished" than some of the other experiments. Those I will post when I have a good collection of them. I used a Do It kind of randomizing method for placing each ring on top of the next. That was really the point of this exercise, to take some of the control away from me. I would have avoided the areas of density which turned out to be, at least in my thinking, very important to the ultimate composition. So the lesson: I'm not as smart as I think,  let some decisions come from elsewhere, either through a system or a collaboration.

















No comments:

Post a Comment